Chelsea Coryell’s Interior Design Business Success Studio Video 2

Chelsea Coryell at http://www.designforaliving.com shares interior design business advice in this is video 2 in the Design For A Living, Interior Design Business Success Studio. Learn to become an interior designer or to build a stronger interior design business by following these 4 basic building blocks for a successful biz. http://youtu.be/BhmLPmlpX5o

18 thoughts on “Chelsea Coryell’s Interior Design Business Success Studio Video 2”

• sunny kumar aaroj March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Sunnysaroj41@gmail.com this is my gmail I'd

• sunny kumar aaroj March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Hy mam I m interior editer

• David Wong March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Want to Make Sales Every Day with our
    Pre-made System for your Interior Decorator Business?
    Than checkout : https://goo.gl/pwaiB5

• Flight Of Spice Blog March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

obsessed with desing!!!

• UAE WIRELESS ROUTER March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Awesome! Enlightened hidden 'WHY????'
    Thanks

• Angela Schumann March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Hi Chelsea

just came across your video series and a BIG THANK YOU for doing this.

I have dreamt for 15 years about creating beautiful, functional spaces. So last year I finally put some money on it and started a distance learning interior design course, which I am about to finish. I am confident in my intuition to come up with good designs. I am naturally organised and practical. I have a good understanding of colour and how they interact. What I most struggle with, are the practical aspects. Because I have no experience of the design industry, I get stuck with the same questions again and again. One particularly releveant to this video is how you find your 'team': those contractors, suppliers, IT experts etc. to take on the things I am not good at (and probably never will be). So, when I contacted some tile and fabric suppliers, they rightly said: Well, when you start bringing me a number of order (5-10), then – and only then – will I start to consider you a professional and talk to you about a trade account, discount, sample service and so on. As I am starting out, I don't have those numbers of clients and projects. How did you overcome this when you first started out? How did you find 'your' Chris? The perfect contractor? Do you have a kind of interview technique to find the right person, did you get a recommendation…? How did you make sure you had somebody you could trust? After all, I'd be mortified if I send a painter or carpet fitter to a client's house and they do a bad job. But without knowing any contractors, I don't know how to assess who's good and who isn't. Mostly, where I am, at the very start, still working the day job 8-6 and doing the client visits on a weekend and the work during evenings, I don't have anything to offer in return to suppliers or contractors and find they don't see why they should connect with me. Any tips?

• Md. Mehedi Hasan March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Thanks…..https://www.facebook.com/interiorpointbd

• Eva Contreras March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Awesome video, thank you for generously sharing all these great info! I feel like I'm learning so much from you!

• Nik Won March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Thank you for creating this channel! I'm really happy to have found you.

• Asheley Hicks March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

I am so glad I found you and these videos. :-)They are so helpful!!

• Evo RS March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Thank you Chelsea ~ Learned alot !! Thank you for the video~

• Marian Johnston March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Thank you so much for all this motivational and useful information. I estudied interior design in Argentina 5 years ago and never finished my degree. However, I've always known it's my passion. Currently, I have had a few clients in decorating their homes rental properties and I have found many times the lack of confidence. I've learned inmensly about my self and how to run the business aspect of design from these past experiences. But, I still have lots of questions. Tomorrow I am seeing a client for designing a courtyard and public restrooms. I have seeked assistance from a lawyer for a contract of agreement and have realized that there is a lot of legal terms that some what prevent me from starting.

To start my business I need several things. For now I build my team and clientel, I still ask my self how to professionally approach my client with a contract of agreement.  What are the first steps before I sell my ideas? If just starting out as a designer how much do I charge as a percentage for a non-refundablable fee?

Marian

• Nicely Bee March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Thanks for sharing Chelsea Coryell

• Ayman Gammoh March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Hello Chelsea. Thanks for the great video. My wife and I just started our own interior design business. Can you please give us some ideas on how to market this line of business. Thanks

• Chantal Vilmar March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Hello Chelsea,
    This is a great video.  Thank you for sharing this information.

• Juliana Neves March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

This was great, thank you for sharing! I am in the process of taking my passion for interior design to the next level and this was very helpful!

• Victoria Brown March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Thankyou for this tutorial, I am considering starting a Diploma in Interior Design (with a view to start my own business Staging Homes for Real Estate & Sales) and found this very motivational. You are inspirational and I hope I can achieve half of what you have in the next few years! It is very daunting to start a new career and you have provided a clear vision in relation to what is required. 🙂

• bronwynvr March 16, 2018 at 3:42 am

Chelsea thank you so so much. You are making great sense of it all! am thoroughly enjoying your tutorials.