Pro Lighting Strategies, Tips and Tricks

http://thirtybyforty.com/blog (for more…)
Our dominant sense as humans is sight. We’ve evolved a finely tuned awareness of light levels around us and assigned them meanings — the warm afternoon sun, a cool and snowy sky, a candlelit table — all of them connected to human emotion.

Architecture invokes light to play on these emotions, to render the scale and mood of our spaces, and to create functional places in which to live.

Good lighting designs balance three primary types of light: ambient, task and accent. Architects and designers make lighting decisions based on the needs of individual spaces and how to tip that balance to achieve certain effects.

In the video I review a few cool tricks worth considering for your next project.

-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-
Our latest video: “YOUR Architecture Questions Answered ”

-~-~~-~~~-~~-~-

12 thoughts on “Pro Lighting Strategies, Tips and Tricks”

• Colin Malloy March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

Without a doubt my favorite installment of your series. Thank you for taking the time to fully break down lighting and design! I appreciate the work you put into your videos.

• liamm March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

Would've liked to know multiplier for lumen and not for wattage. It would give much more information, but great video 🙂

• Piet Steyn March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

Really can't get over how helpful your videos are. Will you be doing another live stream where you critique people's portfolios? would like to get involved with that

• Roman Pourmand March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

Thank you!  Fantastic work.

• SHEF LV March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

new subscriber here! been wanting to know if there's a light bulb or led light that gives off a natural sunlight feel? my room is situated in the center of my family house. while i do have windows on 2 walls, natural sunlight seeping in my room (coming from the other rooms) is very limited. as much as i want to have a skylight or have another part of my wall have a window, i couldn't coz my folks dont want it. hope u could help me. thank you!

• Toxic Bubbles March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

Says humans have evolutionary eyesight, changes the pic every other minute.

• MaZEEZaM March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

I heard recently LED lights were bad for your eyes, have you heard anything regarding this? Given we were moving towards using super low wattage LED lights in homes for the energy efficiency this would be a significant downside and obvious reason not to go down this path.

• Clark Kent March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

i am NOT EVEN KIDDING .. your words .. are fucking orgasmic x LOVE THIS x

• Joseph Rusyn March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

omg how have i just found this channel now…

• Leemo Ellysdreem March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

thank you for shearing your knowledge with us

• Karim Amer March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

You have put lots of work in your videos. Thank you Sir, subscribed

• logik100 March 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

As always a brilliant addition to your great series. Big thanks…