HOW TO BECOME AN INTERIOR DESIGNER

I’m so excited to share this video with you because I have been receiving so many questions on Youtube and Instagram asking how to become an Interior Designer, and what my path was in becoming an Interior Designer. So today, I am answering exactly that! Even though everyone’s path is different, I hope hearing my path gives you some insight on first steps to becoming an Interior Designer!

Please give this video a thumbs up if you liked it and don’t forget to subscribe as I will be continuing to answer your question’s from Youtube, Instagram and Facebook in my upcoming videos!

Thank you so much for watching!!

xK

I’m always sharing behind the scenes moments and showing you guys what I’m up to on my social media accounts so don’t miss out!

Instagram: http://instagram.com/karinbohn
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KarinBohnOfficial
Website: http://karinbohn.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/karin_bohn
House of Bohn: http://houseofbohn.com

You can subscribe to my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHNK-JM63_vb2CJc1wC4p8g?sub_confirmation=1

To watch more of my business videos, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPXNut11Owo&list=PLM725hE3_9b_qdOTZm5IpEqkDHEiUycY7

Music By:
Maeson – Vinyl’s

Dixxy. – Smile

Karin Bohn is the founder and creative director behind the award-wining Vancouver-based design firm, House of Bohn (www.houseofbohn.com). Karin established the interior design firm over 8 years ago, and since has made her mark on the West-Coast Canadian design scene in many industries including high-end residential, multi-family, restaurants and retail. Karin’s passion to create is the reason behind her YouTube channel. In addition to working at the helm of her interior design firm, she experiments with storytelling and “giving-back” in a digital medium – video. Her self-titled YouTube channel is an on-going passion project and online world that’s not only a space to share her expertise in interior design, style and business, but is also dedicated to helping others grow their own successful businesses.

18 thoughts on “HOW TO BECOME AN INTERIOR DESIGNER”

• Leesy February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

hey team, thank you for all the content! binge watching and loving it. was curious if Karin has any thoughts around how women are perceived in professional (*and often male) corporate work environments. i notice that as CEO, Karin has taken a very friendly, bubbly, smiley route, in contrast to a CEO like Gary Vee who has a taken the tough love, cut throat, asshole-ish approach to business. can a woman succeed with a more traditionally "alpha-male" personality if it is not in our nature to have a permanent smile on our faces from 9-5…. if so? what are some of karin's ideas around why men and women tend to lead in such different styles? i guess if the answer is no, i would also just love to hear thoughts around the "fake it 'till you make it" mentality for professional success.

• Merib Robles February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

I love your “day in the life” vids, they’re awesome! Where is your dress from btw? It’s so cute! And also, what lashes do you wear?? Lol

• Al sup February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Love these videos! I am the only interior designer at a company with over 1000 employees and your videos make me feel like I am working with other designers. Don’t stop doing DITL videos!

• Ana Galiano February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Hey karin, I live in Houston, Texas, & I just started watching your videos yesterday and I’m already In love. Interior Design is my dream since I was little. The colleges I want to apply are NYSID (New York Interior Design School) & Pratt Institute. I love your videos. They are natural and it just makes me “dream” and see how my life will probably be

• TinyTina February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Something that I think would be beneficial information are maybe as a business owner is resume or portfolio expectation in hiring a junior or intern interior designer.

• Jake Jones February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Karin…I hate to be just another voice here in the comments saying "You're great inspiration!" but….you truly are! I couldn't agree with you more, taking the design courses that involve color theories along with architecture and contextual space are so enjoyable for me. I never feel like I'm in school in my Art and Design classes. Just wanted to let you know that my favorite videos of yours are the "Day in the Life", I love seeing your office.

• Rebecca Lopez February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Not bored ! I also want to know if you know any other interior design jobs you can get other than you or any of your team members !?

• Ti mico February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

This video, in particular, was a relief. Thank you all for the answers!

• Ali Grace February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

not boring or repetitive at all! I don't even work in your field but I find it really fascinating to follow along on someone else's work day because it's so different than mine! 🙂

• Maya Pavon February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

I love your videos Karin! I'm in school right now to become an Interior Architect / Architect and your videos always inspire me to keep going when I get super stressed out! So thank you for posting and please keep doing so!! <3

• Girl Belieber February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Is it okay if I study architecture for my diploma and further my degree in Interior Design?

• Mudassir Ali February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

_no it's not repetitive ,we love the fact that you show us your life and share with us amazing information _

• Nard Kuba February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

nooo we would never get bored watching your videos and your lifestyle , been learning a lot from your ideas and creativity . plss plss plss keep on making videos and updates about your career cuz you inspire people more power

• Nil Desperandum February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Thank you for sharing your knowledge!!

• nyaguthii njuya February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

not bored. do an outfit of the day at the end of an episode please 🙂 love from Kenya

• Paige Schneweis February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Thank you for this video! I'm so excited that I've discovered your channel as I look forward to returning to school and studying interior design. You're a badass, extremely good at what you, and an inspiration. Also, I'm living for the jacket you're wearing!

• Silvia February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Not boring at all! Just real, and that's your strenght!

• Thyea Phelps February 21, 2018 at 8:22 am

Love your style in fashion!