Everyone loves a well-feathered nest, but the choices you make on what to put in your home can be just as important as the choices you made while building it. Health expert Alyssa Alvord explains to Kevin about non-toxic wood finishes for furniture, while interior designer Vanessa Grant talks about natural fabrics and furnishings.

As a special treat, Kevin visits the home of Zem Joaquin, eco-editor of House & Garden, whose blog Ecofabulous has long been an inspiration to all of us at Building Green TV.

Kevin’s motto is “buy the best that you can buy,” and it shows throughout his home, from the antique armoires Kevin bought for his bathroom vanities, to his sleek Valcucine kitchen made of recycled components. You’ll learn that buying the best isn’t always expensive, and that you can even find eco-friendly products at the local mall if you know what to look for.

11 thoughts on “Interior Design”

• Madam Vonkook February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

This is really nice but the truth is most average Americans don't have the kind of money that is required to buy custom green furniture. and  all the custom upholstery !reclaimed wood furniture is pricy as well …I think recycling old or second hand furniture is an affordable  option there are eco friendly chalk paints to refinish .Also craiglist "free" listings have door windows and reclaimed wood and other building materials !

• ririshow February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

Great project. However it is a shame that you have used so much steel for the structure and the inside walls. The latter should have been made with timber frames.

• Sunil Sunny February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

Awesome designs and ideas. I also saw some amazing ideas on this website called PLATINODESIGN{dot }COM

• K Julieeya February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

is that a shamwow i see?! lol

• WindPowerKits February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

like the clip . check out my home energy stuff using Rooftop Wind Turbines and solar panels on my roof. I just won a Green Design Contest with my product on EarthDay. Friends and Subscribers Welcome.
    Thanks, Sam

• MrCoastalconcepts February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

To see an example of whats possible with our cost effective virtual interior design, check out: watch?v=j1uLGvEhBek

• homedesigning February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

The best video on interior design in youtube is at this id: watch?v=iIQ6VqFEN0o

• vaidotas86 February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

Hi, I'm gay. I'll introduce you to green (gay) interior design.

• LawsonVideos February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

what happens if they hay catches on fire? lol

• Benaoumeur Ahmed February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

very nice ideas !
    I like this video !
    me too i have some simple traditional propositions at :
    watch?v=hTexu1k7DtQ

• Ktisu February 6, 2018 at 12:44 am

Great! A used furniture store? I wish we'd have that here in Malaysia.